Stay healthy and happy. Get your Flu Shot.
Jaka Drug Mart is offering in-store complimentary flu shot immunizations. This year flu shots will be Walk-in beginning October 18, but as always, your Jaka Drug Mart is here to help.
The following high-risk patients are eligible to receive their vaccine on a walk-in basis prior to October 18 based on availability:
- Adults 65 years of age or older
- People with chronic health conditions such as cardiac or respiratory disorders, diabetes, cancer, immune compromising conditions, kidney disease, and neurological conditions
- Indigenous Peoples
- All pregnant women at any stage of pregnancy
All individuals must live, work or go to school in Alberta, must be five years of age or older, and must show their Alberta Health Care card to be eligible for flu shots.
Protect Yourself With Adult Vaccinations
- Shingles vaccine – 50 years and over
- Pneumonia vaccine – 65 years and over AND those 18 and over with chronic diseases (diabetes, asthma, COPD).
- HPV vaccine – 9 years and over
- TD (Tetanus, diphtheria) – every 10 years for adults
- dTap – one dose as an adult